Privacy Statement & Collection
TLR Contracting (Aust) Pty Ltd operates professionally and ethically and we care about your privacy and containment of this information. We are committed to adhering to the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. The Privacy Act contains 10 National Privacy Principles (NPP) that demand compliance from our Company. We manage and process your personal information in accordance with (NPP) and operate with internal security IT systems to a high standard of fair information practices.
For further details, please click on web link:
What is your personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to details such as (e.g. address and phone number). It will include the opinions of others about your work history and performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your potential work. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union; sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
In accordance with other laws such as Anti-Discrimination or Diversity, we seek only to collect sensitive information (for example health information or information about your racial or ethnic origin or any criminal record), if in our view it necessary for our business purposes, and for the inherent requirements of a specific position you have applied to work for TLR Contracting.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who is collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Where considered necessary, your personal and sensitive information will be collected by TLR Contracting for its own use, to assist TLR Contracting determining suitability for employment.
How your information will be collected?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms either in hard or soft copy format or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration and or employment.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test including Drug and Alcohol results;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; and
- provide us with any additional information about you.
How is your information used?
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work employment;
- performance appraisals, personal improvement and training initiatives and selection purposes;
- the performance of our clients, on-site management where supplying labour services, packaged solutions or Outsourcing Services offer by TLR Contracting;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests, Job assessments and Drug & Alcohol testing) that you might be required to undergo;
- any workplace rehabilitation;
- our management of any business risks, investigation, resolution and defence of complaints and legal claims, compliance with court orders and other legal obligations and regulatory requirements;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- to tell you about other services that we may provide;
- to ask your opinion about our services;
- to advise you of opportunities you may be interested in.
Will my personal and sensitive information be disclosed to other parties?
- potential and actual employers and or clients of TLR Contracting to whom we provide services;
- referees or reference seekers;
- other members of the TLR Contracting business;
- our insurers;
- external Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and vendors whom perform services on our behalf;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in disclosing your personal and sensitive information.
- provide us with your email address
- provide us with your Job Seeker Identification Number (JSID)
- provide us with your Tax File Number (TFN) & Bank Account Details
- provide us with any additional information about you
If you do not provide us with the information we seek?
- we may not be able to effectively process the information you provide to us;
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work
Can I gain access to my information to correct it if it is incorrect?
Subject to some exceptions the Australian Privacy Principle 12 provides you with a right to access personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. There may be a charge for this.
If the personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date on agreed timelines.
If we are unable to agree with you that your personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will notify you of that;
- you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, or you may ask us to escalate the matter.
- you can exercise your rights of access and correction – please contact the Data Privacy Officer using the details provided. In some cases, we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
For further information, please link to website
How to contact us?
Should you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information, you can obtain further information or lodge a complaint, by contacting us via our:
Data Privacy & Security Manager
Contact Number: 1300 321010
Address: PO Box 9094, Scoresby, Victoria, 3179
Head office: 7/ 78-80 Bayfield Road East, Bayswater, Victoria, 3153
Where is my data stored and is it secure?
We will store your personal information within secure premises for a reasonable period of time necessary for us to provide services to you and for us to comply with our data storage and legal obligations. Including but not limited to Cloud base platforms to reduce data security breaches.
You may at any time request that we mark your personal information as inactive. We cannot destroy your information until we have passed the period required for us to comply with data retention legislation. You will be given the opportunity to cease receiving communications from us by responding to our relevant communication.
We will take all reasonable and practicable steps to protect your information at all times.